LASCAUX International CenterDate: Friday 17 nov 2017 - Friday 22 Dec 2017
LASCAUX International center of cave art tour : Plan your visit to Lascaux in the language of your choice
The International Center for Cave Art is located at the exit of the village at the bottom of the hill where the original cave of Lascaux is.
You will first be discovering the belvedere then the entire and unprecedented replica of the Lascaux cave in the company of a mediator for about 1 hour.
You will visit the various areas at your own pace thanks to a digital tablet :
- The atelier of Lascaux presenting 8 huge walls of the cave as well as digital and scenographic devices.
- The theatre of parietal art for cave painting in 3 acts presenting our relation to the discovery of decorated caves through centuries (19th to 21st c.)
- The film theatre proposes the virtual visit of the original cave and the presentation of other decorated caves.
- The gallery of imagination where one can explore the bounds between cave art and contemporary art thanks to a 90 screen-fitted wall.
- A temporary exhibition of the works of the artist G. Gasiorowski
Please take a sweater, a part of the visit is outside and the temperature of the cave is around 13°C
The visit lasts approximatively 2h30 - Restaurant area on spot - Deposit for bags - Disabled access - Free car park - Baby changing tables - any exit is final